Senior Software Engineer
Company: Cenium North America
Location: Raleigh, NC or Atlanta, GA
Engagement: Full time
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cenium develop and deliver the best hospitality software platform in the world. In the cross-point between hospitality know-how, technology innovation and process improvements, Cenium solutions reduce the cost of running your operations, and provides tools to grow revenue.
Cenium will grow by enabling the best hospitality groups to differentiate their guest experiences.
The software platform is delivered to resort customers in North America, all Nordic Choice hotels in Northern Europe plus other great customers in Europe and Asia. The aspiration is global, the ambitions are considerable and the focus is clear.
The product offering is on-premise and cloud, the functionality scope includes Property Management Systems, Conference modules, Lifestyle and Activities, covering all processes of large hotel chains and complex resort destinations.
Cenium North America has employees and customers across US and Canada, and travel is expected. The chosen candidate will work with great colleagues, great partners and the best hospitality, hotel chains and resorts in the world.
Cenium is an integrated system of modules that can be used separately or in combination to form a total information platform for your hospitality business. Cenium is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support its growing business. The successful candidate ideally has previous significant hands on experience with hospitality Software Implementations or Hotel industry related experience in implementing and supporting these environments. Cenium is fully integrated and optimized with Microsoft Dynamics. This unified approach to information management provides the industry with a single solution where all accounting and operational data is integrated. Information thus flows seamlessly from one module to the next and allows simultaneous access by all users through a common visual work environment.
Roles and Resposibilities
- Development – Responsible for applications development in an enterprise architecture environment within .Net framework using C#
- Must have a good understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts & have experience in a .net framework enterprise architecture environment
- Must have good understanding of modularized development, and ability to build large solutions spanning multiple modules
- Integration – Responsible for integrating with existing customer systems using Cenium Integration Services (CIS)
- Must be experienced in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and integration methodologies
- Customer Technical Implementation
- Must be experienced in the Microsoft Technology Stack, from Microsoft SQL Server, management and data tools and understanding of cloud technology
- Consult with client on technical design to support the Cenium suite of products
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with business partners and third party vendors
- Prepare and develop high-level solutions to meet business requirements
- Collaborate with Project Management in the execution of implementation tasks and activities
- ABILITY TO TRAVEL, IF REQUIRED
- Assist in product design and development
- Assist in product testing new products and features
- Participate in project planning sessions to analyze the requirements and outline the proposed solution
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- 5 or more years’ experience in applications or systems programming
- Experience with Object Oriented Concepts / Design
- C#/.Net and Multi-threading and Async programming
- Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Web API 2
- Microsoft Entity Framework (EF)
- Microsoft SQL Server, including SSIS/SSDT, SSRS
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services – Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Ability to work with a diverse team spread across geographical regions.
- Microsoft Azure services: Service Bus, Logic Apps, Event Grid
- Microsoft Azure Architecture: Express Routes, API Management, User & Resource Mgmt
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong team facilitation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Willingness to work occasional extended hours
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organization skills, and ability to influence others
- Experience with analyzing complex issues and delivering appropriate technical solution
- The following qualities and characteristics: high energy, self-starter, versatile, personal responsibility and accountability, and business political maturity
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
Engaged and talented colleagues, highly professional working environment
Courses and certifications
Personal development in an international environment